At Dunham, we see “innovation” a little differently than most people. To us, a truly innovative approach means constantly nurturing three distinct areas of excellence and partnership: Technology, Sustainability and The Human Touch.
1 | Advanced Technologies
- We’re an award-winning early adopter of Revit MEP Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
- We partner with technology developers like Autodesk to improve software tools for all engineers.
- We offer advanced modeling for computational fluid dynamics (CFD), fluid flow, ground source energy and lighting.
- We provide advanced energy modeling services that can show you the energy impacts of a variety of design alternatives.
2 | Sustainability
- We employ over 40 LEED® accredited professionals and have been involved in over 50 LEED projects (design and commissioning).
- We’re members of the U.S. Green Building Council and a founding member/platinum sponsor of the Minnesota Chapter.
- In 2007, we adopted The 2030 Challenge to reduce the carbon footprint of all buildings, developments and major renovation projects to carbon-neutral by 2030.
- We’ve designed numerous projects that tap alternative energy systems, including ground/lake-source energy, photovoltaics and wind.
- We specialize in Thermal Displacement Ventilation (TDV) systems as an alternative to conventional HVAC air distribution—with over 30 successful projects completed.
- We designed the mechanical and electrical systems for Minnesota’s first LEED Platinum building: Great River Energy Headquarters.
3 | The Human Touch
- As big believers in constant improvement, we pay for our engineers’ continuing education, certifications and all professional credentials, as well as yearly dues and fees.
- We also train our teams on the “intangibles”: communication and problem-solving skills that are often the most critical factors in successful projects.