This project began with an extensive master plan and predesign effort to implement a major remodel and expansion of the enterprise data center. The program would add 20+ server racks over a two year period. Relocations of existing equipment and the addition of UPS power and new cooling units were also part of the plan. Upon completion, Dunham then provided mechanical and electrical engineering services for the complete renovation of the 10,000 SF primary data center. The project included the total replacement of the active data center’s cooling and electrical systems. Complex phasing was required to keep the data center fully operational during the construction and migration. The upgrades happened without any downtime for the data center operation. The infrastructure and layout were designed to accommodate the immediate expansion as well as planned future growth.
- Master Planning and Infrastructure Design
- Complete Replacement of life Data Center’s Cooling and Electrical Systems
- Fully operational during Construction and Migration
- Upgrades Medium Voltage Switchgear, ATS, Substation, and Cabling
- Replacement of three UPS modules with fully redundant dual UPS modules